WIZARD RIFLE RELEASE “V”
WIZARD RIFLE have just released their new single “V” via Heavy Blog is Heavy. The track is from their upcoming Self-Titled album which will be released in August via Svart Records.
Listen to the song here: https://www.heavyblogisheavy.com/2019/07/26/exclusive-premiere-wizard-rifle-let-it-rip-on-v/
WIZARD RIFLE is preparing to embark on an 11-stop road trip this September prior to their tour with Acid King, with performances scheduled in Canada and the United States.
Wizard Rifle will be available in digital, vinyl, and CD formats on August 30th, 2019. Preorder will be made available soon.
Wizard Rifle who will release their 3rd album on 30th August through Svart Records, are streaming new track ‘Rocket To Hell’. The band comment,
“This sonic stew encompasses all the usual elements of Wizard Rifle: gut-punching, down-tuned sludge punk riffs interwoven with psychedelic overtones and triumphant builds with vocal harmonies and dual yells. Lyrically the song is much like a hangover from a thousand-year orgy of global greed. It deals with the shortcomings of mankind and the individual in the face of the apocalyptic consequences of its self-created extinction. Take the ride; strap in and blast off to this seven-minute rager.”
Wizard Rifle is preparing to join seminal psych metal band Acid King and rising nightmare grungers Warish for the Busse Woods 20th Anniversary Tour this fall. With their new track “Rocket to Hell” now streaming on Decibel and a third album coming out this summer, 2019 promises to be a intense year for Wizard Rifle.
Stream Wizard Rifle’s “Rocket to Hell” here: https://www.decibelmagazine.com/2019/05/16/track-premiere-wizard-rifle-rocket-to-hell/
Acid King Busse Woods 20th Anniversary Tour Dates with Wizard Rifle and Warish
- 9/11/19 — Detroit, MI @ Sanctuary
- 9/12/19 — Milwaukee, MN @ Club Garibaldi
- 9/13/19 — Fargo, ND @ Aquarium
- 9/14/19 — Winnipeg, MB @ Windsor Hotel
- 9/15/19 — Regina, SK @ The Exchange w/Cancer Bats, Single Mothers
- 9/16/19 — Edmonton, AB @ Temple
- 9/17/19 — Calgary, AB @ Palomino
- 9/18/19 — Missoula, MT @ VFW
- 9/19/19 — Boise, ID @ Neurolux
- 09/20 Portland, OR @ Star Theater – Hesh Fest
- 09/21 Seattle, WA @ Highline
- 09/23 Denver, CO @ Marquis Theater
- 09/24 Omaha, NE @ Slowdown
- 09/25 Chicago, IL @ Reggies
- 09/26 Indianapolis, IN @ Black Circle
- 09/27 Cleveland, OH @ Grog Shop
- 09/28 Buffalo, NY @ Mohawk Place
- 09/29 Boston, MA @ Sonia
- 09/30 New York, NY @ Knitting Factory
- 10/01 Philadelphia, PA @ Johnny Brenda’s
- 10/02 Richmond, VA @ Richmond Music Hall
- 10/03 Raleigh, NC @ Kings
- 10/04 Asheville, NC @ Mothlight
- 10/05 Atlanta, GA @ The 529
- 10/06 New Orleans, LA @ One Eye Jack’s
- 10/07 Dallas, TX @ Gas Monkey
- 10/09 Albuquerque, NM @ Sister
- 10/10 Mesa, AZ @ Club Red
- 10/11 Los Angeles, CA @ Satellite
- 10/12 San Francisco, CA @ Chapel
About Wizard Rifle
Wizard Rifle emerged from the metal groundswell of Portland Oregon in 2009 bent on annihilating the complacency of genre pigeonholes and throwback tropes. Their elusive sound contorts and leaps from sludgy and psychedelic, to thrash, noise and beyond, accented by vocal harmonies and shouts. On first listen, many scoff at the possibility that such a cacophony could be produced by just two band members, but seeing is believing the force that is Wizard Rifle, and skeptics become Kool-Aid guzzling disciples before the altar. Are you next?
Teaming with Nanotear Booking, Guitarist/Vocalist Max Dameron and Drummer/Vocalist Sam Ford have delivered frenzied live shows extensively across the US and Canada including appearances at SXSW, Psycho Las Vegas, Sabertooth, Hopscotch, Crucial Fest, and Musicfest NW. They have shared bills with the likes of The Melvins, High On Fire, YOB, Lightning Bolt, Nik Turner’s Hawkwind, Danava, and SubRosa, and hit the road with Bongzilla, Buzzov*en, Black Cobra and Church of Misery to name a few. Their two full length releases, 2014’s “Here in the Deadlights” and 2012’s “Speak Loud Say Nothing” have drawn great praise and kept critics and fans on their toes. Their upcoming self-titled LP, due out this summer via Svart, pushes the boundaries even further with the aid of metal mix guru Billy Anderson at the helm of the studio. Do not miss them as they sweep the country this fall, or your friends will never let you forget that you royally fucked up.