On-stage Mark oozes charisma, with the distinctive ability to confidently command both large audiences, and personally connect with audiences in intimate venues – not an easy task when moving from large stages with a full band to a smaller acoustic setup where he is face to face with the audience. His powerful soaring vocals, skilled soulful guitar playing, and pulsing rhythms are a force to be reckoned with, delivering a show experience like no other – an escape into a world where nothing else matters, where you find yourself lost in the moment and his music. Each performance is treated as though it would be his last.
Mark is a natural showman with influences ranging from Rock Icons like Queen, The Beatles & Lenny Kravitz, Blues Masters Eric Clapton & B.B. King, to modern artists like Bruno Mars, The Weekend, Fallout Boy & Jack Garrat. Mark is known for experimenting sonically, merging contemporary Pop & Electronic Cultures with the historic timelessness and beauty of Rock, Soul, and Blues.
Mark Haze Achievements
- Mark and his band at that time, 12th Avenue, were the official support act for Seether, in 2008 opening for one of South Africa’s greatest exports at large venues like Grand West Arena and the Standard Bank Arena.
- Mark won the American Idol Experience at Universal Studios in Disney World, Orlando in 2011 (a condensed version of the hit TV show) and was the runner-up in Idols South Africa.
- Mark was the official support acts for Rock ‘n Roll legends Bon Jovi on their 2013 World Tour
- Mark had ample success on Television and Radio in South Africa, Namibia, and Malawi, with global airplay on global Radio Stations. Highlights include his single “Lonely” going to number 1 on the Algoa FM Top 40 Chart in 2014, as well as his first single “Out Of My Head” achieving the most downloaded song of 2011. His last 6 singles all hitting the SA Top 10 Chart.
- Mark’s debut album “Where Angels Fear to Fly” produced the hit single “Wake Up (Dreaming Of You)”, that went to number 1 on the Kia Take 40 SA Chart in 2012, and remained on the chart for a record-breaking 23 weeks. Mark had a number 1 song on Radiowave FM, Namibia’s biggest radio station with his single, “Love Can Change The World”.
- Mark had numerous Music Videos and behind-the-scenes documentaries feature during prime-time television on DSTV, M-Net, and SABC 3, as well as other broadcasters throughout Africa.
- Mark performed at major festivals like ‘Rocking the Daisies’ and ‘Ramfest’ and headlined the ‘Moon Rock Festival’. He also performed in New York at B.B. King’s Nightclub as well as the famous Underground.
Mark Haze – Don’t Say Goodbye
Mark Haze – Monster
Mark Haze links:
Band/Artist location – Cape Town, South Africa
Website – Facebook – You Tube – Soundcloud – Reverbnation –
Twitter – Instagram – Apple – Spotify – Amazon – Deezer – LinkTree – Last Fm