LOST LEGACY will be releasing their new album “In The Name of Freedom” on March 20, 2020 via Pure Steel Records. Featuring forty-six minutes of pure metal, the sophomore release is a concept album serving as an act II to their debut full length, which was inspired by the tragedy of 9/11. The album is for fans of Fates Warning, Metal Church, Iced Earth.
The band explains the concept of release:
“The concept of ‘In The Name of Freedom’ is our way to thank our men and women of the armed forces for their sacrifice. It’s not about glorifying war, but these gallant people give so much and are often forgotten.”
Track by track:
1. Rise to Glory This song is a piano piece that open up the album with a solemn feel
2. My Faith This song is an interesting tune that has good tempo changes and cool opening harmony
3. Front Line is the first single of the album. Melodic and driven, heavy breakdown, a band favorite
4. In the Name of Freedom Early Fates Warning feel. Another song that mixes tempos and has heavy drums sounds.
5. Take me Away, soaring vocals, the songs mixes different rhythm patterns and the double bass drums drive this song to oblivion.
6. Enough is Enough, heavy riffs, jungle style drum beats this one is a killer
7. Will You Remember mixes power metal and thrash into an exciting tune that delivers great guitar riffs amazing guitar solos by both guitarists and this song showcases Dave’s vocal range.
8. Rules of Engagement this song has a contagious rhythm and has an early Fates Warning feel. Heavy, Heavy.
LOST LEGACY discusses their expectations of the album:
“We believe that this album is a genuine representation of how we sound in a live setting. We take great pride in putting on a great show and when we approached this record, we wanted to have a live band feeling. Our fans will be pleased with the songs, the sound, and the production. The music has catchy guitar-driven riffs and soaring vocals. We promise it will deliver great energy and inspiration to fans of classic power metal.”
Lost Legacy was founded in 1998 in The Bronx, New York and has gained the reputation of a power metal band known for playing melodic music with an attitude. Both classic and modern, Lost Legacy combines lyrical messages that are positive and uplifting with strong vocal performances from Dave Franco.
With decades of experience, Lost Legacy has always had a heavy sound performed by excellent musicians. A professional band, Lost Legacy brings an assault of aggressive guitars, melodic riffs and a classic sound that brings together all the elements and tradition of power metal and thrash. Stage presence and entertaining the fans are of paramount concern to the band who pride themselves on their stage show. With an abundance of energy and they put their heart and soul into each show. Although very centric on power metal, the music has a lot of nuances that give each song a different feel and the crowd is kept on their toes with rhythm changes, tempo changes and melodies that stick.